he's here!!! i know it's been a good long time, but i've finally found a few minutes to catch up on this thing - yay! i'm going to keep this short and sweet (well the writing at least - there are a lot of pictures!), so here we go.....back to july 15th - induction day :)
i look back now and understand how this little guy was so much bigger than becks - holy belly! haha
we checked in to le chateau providence (as dust called it) at 1:30pm and waited.....
thankfully, we had a ginormous room with lots to do to keep us busy. we watched tv, and we updated our facebook. dust studied, and i read my book and did some sudoku puzzles. i got the cervadil gel at 3:30pm or so, and everyone expected a baby quick like with beckam coming so quick. not the case though.....
i got to order some food in the evening with no more dilating and weak inconsistent contractions, and i got a sleeping pill to help me sleep til pitocin arrived at 3:30am. i got all set up and re-iv'd, and the pitocin was dripping by 4:30am. i was 4 1/2 cm dilated by 7ish and ready to push by 10am. i got my epidural after the doc broke my water, and it was heaven!!! the whole experience was actually - didn't hurt a ton to get to 4 1/2 and then not a twinge of pain after the drugs set in! it took me a while to understand what pushing felt like and how to do it with no feeling from the waist down, but i got it eventually and pushed our big boy out at 11:19am :)
he was 8lbs 5oz and 21 1/2 in long, and he was sooo cute with his little cone head and smushed up face! i didn't get to hold becks right away cuz he wasn't breathing, so it was really cool to see my little guy right off the bat. i fell in love instantly! we took a few hours but eventually decided on the name for baby tolman #2 - maddox john maxwell tolman. the middle names are after his uncle carson and uncle levi, and maddox just fit! we love it :)
how could you not with that face, i mean come on!
dust updated his facebook status as i was pushing but eventually made it through the nurses up to my side and was an awesome cheerleader. he took lots of pics and then got in on a few too, and he was just such a proud daddy and loved snuggling with his little man!
grandma hill flew in just in time to hurry to the hospital with lace to meet her 2nd grandson. she was loving life and so was he with all of the snugs :)
kinda looks like his big bro when he cries!
cousin aj and aunt lace were some of the most excited visitors we had and maddox loved the attention!
beckam was less than interested in baby maddox until the bribes for candy were implemented. then, he showed his softer side and gave lots of kisses and hugs and was so soft with his baby brother!
beckam's been so good with mads every since visit #1. he loves to hold him, hug him, kiss him, pat him, and be soft to him :) he can say maddox and gets so worried when "the baby is sad." it's super cute and i'm just so proud of him and love my 2 boys so much!
all done!
my mom was here for about 10 days, and she was my lifesaver!!! the aftermath of labor is never fun, and i couldn't have survived week #1 with my 2 boys without her! she did so much with becks and kept him busy while i recuperated and kept maddox happy. becks loves his nana so much, and we miss you already mama!!!
here are a few pics of our mad dog since coming home. he just keeps getting cuter and cuter :)
the transition has actually gone really well with adding a little brother to the mix. beckam still manages to get enough attention from mom and LOVES his little bro. i'm finally feeling better and love splitting my time between 2 little studs. becks wants his "soo-soo" a lot more and is more needy, but that's to be expected, and it doesn't bother me at all to be needed by my little magoo!
here is our little family - happy as can be! maddox has doubled the joy in our home, and we love our boys eleventy four :) i'm feeling good, loving life, and can't wait to enjoy the rest of our summer with my boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
CONGRATS! We had Maddox on our list for Brody, but I'm glad you picked it, cute! That's always a help when the moms come! I love having 2 boys! You will just love it too!
Congrats! (I already wrote this but it deleted somehow?!) ANyways, cute name, we almost used it! You will love having 2 boys!
Oh, hooray! I've been checking and checking your blog to see when he'd arrive, and I was so happy that he has come safe and sound.
Such a cool name. Maddox. Super cool. Fits great with Beckam for sure.
He is a gorgeous little man. Congratulations, congratulations!
He's adorable Lynz! Good job! Got to love the epidurals though!
Aw yes! he sure is a handsome lil guy! Congrats again Love ya girl :)
He is just soo adorable and keeps getting cuter! I love hearing the birth story! Keep posting more pics of yoru fabulous little family!!!
YEAH!
I may have just gotten a little watery-eyed...
there's just something about new babies, siblings, being a family - I'm thrilled for you and dust.
Congrats!
Congrats! Looks like everyone is adjusting and doing great. seriously 2 boys how fun. What a cute little guy. Grandmas are lifesavers for sure.
Oh lynz your little family is just adorable. Maddox is so so so cute. Congrats you guys look just as happy as can be.
Oh lynz your little family is just adorable. Maddox is so so so cute. Congrats you guys look just as happy as can be.
Congrats! He is absolutely adorable, and I think he looks a lot like Beckam. I love his little cry face :)
He is so cute!! I can't believe how big Becks looks next to him. I bet his bum looks huge now too at diaper changes. Compared to the tiny little bum of a newborn. I can't wait to hold the little guy!! I saw you on Sunday from a distance. You look absolutely amazing!!
Oh yay! He's adorale!! Congrats you guys. Can't wait til our little fella gets here.
Nice work Lyndsey! He is beautiful! Congrats to you both. I love the name. I fought for Maddox and will was fighting for Andrew...so we got Christian. :)
I just read your post about Beckam's surgery and I totally had tears, you guys are awesome and he is such a sweet guy. Good luck with everything and I love Maddox, cute boy, cute name!
haha! Beckham's face cracks me up in that last picture. Your boys are so cute and you can definitely tell they're brothers. Congrats and of course, you look fabulous!!
Hello Beautiful Lynz!!!! Congrats on your growing family of BOYS!! Love the pictures and updates and story of the arrival of Maddox. Your family is so darling and I'm soooo happy for you! Love you and miss you lots!!
Post a Comment