i always wondered about black friday when i lived up in canada. i always wanted to come down and experience the craziness i heard about, and i always wanted to get the deals and stay up all night and have fun with the girls. last year was soooo much fun, but when it was time for another black friday, lace and i reviewed what we learned last year and made a differnt sorta plan....
with cards in wallets and hot chocolate in hand, we headed to toys r us around 8:30pm for its opening at 10pm. we felt pretty good about our place in line and made friends with the girls around us, but lace dropped her hat on our way, and she somehow made friends up a ways in the line with some girls on her way to find it. they knew we were canadian, and they offered to let us budge in with them!!! woohoo!!!! we were within the 1st 200 people to get in, and we got our stuff, got in line, and got out of there with our loot by 10:35pm. pretty stinkin awesome :) especially compared to our 3 hour toys r us stint last year!
sadly, that's where the pictures ended, but we went to the mall next and were 1st in line for the midnight opening at children's place. we got some great deals there and then went to the disney store and wandered around a bit and just had fun the 2 of us :) we tried to find friends in line at target after our adventures, but we never found them, so we came home and were in bed by 3am. it was way better than being up all night and being so incredibly tired for the rest of the weekend, and we had soooo much fun! i'm not into being tackled for a tv or dvd player yet, but i love the deals and the crazy people and the fun you have with girls. black is back baby, and we can't wait for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I never even took advantage of Black Friday when I lived in Texas...although I'm an early-to-bed kind of girl so I'm not sure how I'd do! But it looks like you got some good loot! Maybe I'll see ya around Raytown over Christmas!
Post a Comment