
Lyndsey has to be one of the most forgiving people I have ever meet in my life. She has an ability to put herself in the other person's shoes and to try and understand from their perspective what they must be feeling, thinking, or experiencing. Her heart is pure and her love is unconditional. I'm not perfect nor do I pretend to be but to Lynz I know that is alright. I know that when mistakes are made or when poor choices are choosen she will not turn away and pretend that nothing has happened. She she will take those choices and mistakes and the person that made them and love them and make you feel like your more important than the choice or mistake and help you be so much better than you were 1 minute before.

Lynz has a faith that is unshakeable. She knows how to trust in her Heavenly Father...to really trust in Him. I thought I knew what it was to be faithful, unquestioning, unwavering, and firm in knowing that He knows what is happening. She does. I can think of a million times when I have wanted things to work out right now or happen right but I can't think of a time when Lynz hasn't just left it up to the Lord. I hear her say all the time, "We know it's where we are supposed to be or what we are supposed to be doing so it will workout." No complaining, no worrying, just believing and trusting and in the end she is always right.

Beckam and Maddox could not have a better example and teacher in their lives than their mom. After being somewhat of a stay-at-home dad over the last 2 1/2 months I have gained a greater appreciation and a greater respect of what she does with our boys. It is a 24 hour job and she does it better than anyone I know. She has patience, love, creativity, humor, discipline, and a relationship with these boys that I will never have and I'm more than ok with that. They are her boys and she would do anything for them.

I had one of those goosebump moments the other day when I had some time to sit and think. I feel like I got a glimpse and a feeling of what an eternal family is all about. I thought about how she is mine and I am hers FOREVER. I think this crosses our minds every now and then but have we ever really taken the time to think about that. These relationships are forever. Everything we put into or fail to put into these relationships with our spouse and kids is carving out a path that we will walk with them on into and throughout the eternities. I feel like lynz is always a few steps in front of me making sure our path is straight, clear of any boulders or pebbles, helping me and the boys enjoy the journey of getting there to our heavenly home that will be ours, together, forever.
I love you friend!!!!

4 comments:
OK, i am literally crying reading this "not expected" blog from Dustin to Lynz! I am so proud of your relationships with each other and it is so true what you said about eternal families! I feel so very blessed to have a small part of your lives!! I'm so excited with the roads you have both chosen and have been so positive about the changes that have taken place lately. I'm so glad that Dustin has believed in himself and having Lynz beside him believing in him too. You are both great, great partners and parents. You both inspire me! Thanks for the "surprise" blog!!!!!
precious!!!! she truly is amazing and i'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that we feel the same way!!!! Love you guys!
I have always though tof your relationship as a great one. The closer you get to your friends the more you hear them complain or so gratitude for the spoces. I think that I have gotten pretty darn close to you two over teh past few years and I know that what you guys have is special, glad you had a moment to sit and really appreciate what that means. I love you both so much and have always looked up to both of you. Enjoy this amazing part of your journey!
I never get on my blog reader anymore but I'm glad I did today! all of this is so accurate. Lynds is such a forgiving amazing women. I learned ALOT just from watching her the 2yrs she was here. thanks for the inspiring touching post !
miss you guys!
Post a Comment