he called the pediatrician on call to discuss the situation with him, and we ended up heading into emergency with becks after having both doctors advise against traveling and expressing concern for both his wheezing little chest and louder than it should be at his age heart murmer.
thankfully, my mom had the day off and was able to come with me cuz we spent 2 1/2 hours in emerg waiting for dr.chan to come see us. it was round #2 for us, but it didn't cost large amounts of money this time, so that was a relief! dr.chan was super nice but didn't have the most promising news for us. he said that beck's heart is bigger than normal and that the wheezing cold he caught isn't usually a good thing especially with the fact that it's his 2nd one in a few months. so, the plan is a rush ultrasound in the next day or two so that we can get home to portland. then, dr. chan thinks we'll have to set something up with a heart specialist in calgary, and then if the heart is in enough distress.......well we don't like to talk about it - open heart surgery?!?! are you kidding me?!?!? not cool
here's little becks getting a breathing treatment, and he was quite a trooper! he sure isn't feeling good, so hopefully the little puffer they gave us helps that, and then all fingers are crossed and prayers are said that the ultrasound shows a perfectly normal beating little heart on our boy :) if not, then the prayers are said that everything will work out as it's supposed to, and we know we trust that.
it's not all gloom and doom yet, but it was pretty scary to hear the words open heart surgery in accordance with my becks. we love him and his little heart murmer, and i'm sure it will all be ok. here's our little guy ready for bed after an adventure to emergency. his pj's were all packed, so he got to use some of his uncle carson's old ones! so stinkin cute and so happy, and i'm so thankful for that. his smile lights up the room and makes everyone smile around him :) such a blessing and such an awesome little guy! fingers crossed!
18 comments:
Dad said.....
This isn't much fun. I was fairly desperate to have you and Beck stay around for another month or two but really planned on doing nothing more than paying someone for some skullduggery to keep you around. This Beck-in-Distress thing is way over the top and I'm not liking it at all.
Oh Lynz, I am so sorry--no parent wants to hear words like that when it has to do with precious baby. I hope the ultrasound shows everything is fine and you can both go back to that husband of yours, who I'm sure is dying to be by your sides right now. I hope that you don't have to go thru what they are saying and that little becks will get better on his own without any drastic surgeries etc. Hang in there! We'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well at the ultrasound. He's too cute to be wheezing and having terrible things happen to him! When you head back have a great trip!
Wow, I'm so sorry! I hope the ultrasound shows good news!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry Lyndz. Those are words you don't want to hear about your sweet baby. I hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated. I'll be thinking of you.
How scary!! I hope things turn out well. Surgery is no fun when it comes to your baby. I hope you are doing okay. Let me know if I can help at all.
I hope that everything will be figure out for you soon. Good luck with the ECHO, I'm guessing it will be done at the hospital in Lethbridge, didn't he have one before you moved to Portland what did they say the cause of the Murmur was. Anyways it's nice knowing he's being given good care!
Hi Lyndsay, this is your 2nd cousin, Janae. Anyways I found your blog through Marie (we're in the same ward). Our little guys are about the same age. My heart dropped when I read your post. I'm so sorry, what scary news. I hope and pray that everything works out. Dr. Chan is awesome. He was my girls Doctor when they were in the NICU after they were born (they were 6 weeks premie). Anyways, sounds like your little guy is in good hands. Good luck with everything.
janae spencer (paxman)!
Oh boy..this just brings me to tears. I've really fallen inlove with Sweet becks and dont' want him to have to go through that:( breaks my heart!
But YOU my dear....are quite an example of optimism and strength...kinda reminds me of President Hinckley. You are awesome and your faith makes me smile.
I'll keep little beckam in my prayers and I Just know the Lord will take care of all of you!
Love you SO much and can't wait to see you and Becks when you get back
xoxoxo
Becks is lucky he has a Mom that is so positive and faithful, you really are a great example to the rest of us. Your little guy is in our families prayers, take care.
We are hoping for the best for you guys over here! I`m sure that things will work out and Becks will be fine. But know that we love you guys and are praying for you!!
Also, I love the words your dad comes up with...skullduggery. awesome.
I hope everything goes well with your little guy. He's so stinkin cute! I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers too. My cousin had multiple heart surgeries from when she was a baby until adulthood. Everything will work out!
Aw, Linds...so sorry! Everything will be okay though! I remember being pregnant with Jack and having an ultrasound done and the tech sent us to see the midwife/nurse on duty in the office, she pulled us aside and told us there was a hole in Jack's heart...you are right, no parent wants to hear bad news! Hang in there!
I hate that you are both still up there just WAITING for the ultra sound, and after being so far from home for so long already the days must feel long. I would know since I couldn't even wait 4 days to come back with you. (Sorry again!!!) You are such a trooper and have a great support system back home Becks really is surrounded by a lot of love right now.
As always you guys are in our thoughts and prays. Get the good news and HURRY HOME TO US! Missing his smiles already!!!!
We'll be praying for little Becks.
Yikes.... I hope everything comes out ok! I was terrified hearing that Austin had to have hernia surgery, and that is nothing compared to heart surgery. Hopefully the ultrasound will show a perfectly fine little heart! Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!
Yuck, no fun, I pray that things work out quickly! You are such a great mom Becks is one lucky little guy! Get better soon Becks!
Poor little Becks!! I am so sorry that all of this is going on. Hopefully everything turns out okay. You guys are in our prayers.
Oh good luck! Maxwell had a heart murmur when he was little, and we had to have an ultrasound to make sure all was well. Fortunatly, it was asymptomatic, and as he got bigger, he grew out of it, and now it is gone. I hope that Becks' is the same!
Post a Comment