i am not a big fan of halloween at all! in fact, dust and i both dread dressing up and don't usually do too much besides carve a pumpkin and hand out candy to celebrate this marvelous holiday, and that's perfect for us :) we still loved carving our pumpkin this year and had a little helper too!
dust drew this m&m man design on the pumpkin, and i'll admit - i was skeptical of it working out at all. there were too many slin slivers to cut out, and we had a thick old 36 pounder! he was determined though, so i left him to it, and he came up with this result - awesome eh?!?! he's a pumpkin carving machine!
i'll also admit that this was the 1st halloween that i've been excited about in a long time. i loved it as a matter of fact cuz as many of you know, it changes when you have kids to dress up! we were so excited to find a cute costume for becks! i thought about sewing one up but that didn't last, and old navy came through for us slackers thankfully, and here is our little dragon :)
isn't he cute?!?! we think so, and we are dragon lovers in this house! we are also giraffe and cow lovers. check out our cute nephews!
here are a few more pics from our halloween fun! trick or treating wasn't really beckam's thing, but we needed SOME halloween candy in this house! hehe and who can turn down this cute dragon!
check out this dragon's teeth! arrrgghhh!
hehe we had to give our dragon a sucker to help him stay calm through a few pictures, and lace captured that thing slipping right out of those sharp teeth!
here's the gang that we went trick or treating with :) we had so much fun...especially when we started hitting the houses where people were home and handing out candy!
here's becks getting some candy from our landlords! bev and ron are the best and loved seeing all the little kids :)
becks spend most our trick or treating adventures in one of our arms watching the fun. he loved walking around and seeing all of the cute kids though!
mmmmm.....candy! he got a little piece of my charleston chew but that's about it for this year! maybe we'll think about sharing his loot with him when he gets a little older!
our halloween loving dragon loving trick or treating family :) can't wait til next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















9 comments:
Becks was SO cute! And that M&M pumpkin is pretty impressive! Funny, you don't really like Halloween but love to carve a pumpkin. I LOVE Halloween but HATE carving pumpkins! It grosses me right out. This is probably the last year I'll get away without doing one, though!
I think that pumpkin is pretty clever. and i love the picture of him with all his candy!
Great job on the pumpkin. There is definitely nothing wrong with buying a costume vs making one, especially when it is as cute as that. I made jaycie's and bought Bryce's. His was from old navy as well. Yeah for old navy.
Ha ha, awesome sucker pic! And he definitely was a cute dragon - I'm all about buying the costume too...maybe someday I'll get all crafty and make the costumes...actually, probably not :) Having kids does make Halloween more fun. Before Porter came along we really didn't do anything for Halloween - man, that makes us sound boring :)
That pumpkin is amazing all lit up. Seriously are you wearing flip flops no fair. I say if you love chocolate or candy Halloween has the potential to grow on ya.
Beckam is such a cute little dragon! Looks like you had fun!! It's true...kids really do bring so much more excitement to the holidays!
Megan
The M&Ms jack-o-lantern was so great. Creative! Did you have a pattern?
I've got all the Halloween sewing and partying behind me, and we got our Primary Presentation done today, so now I have a brief lull in my schedule, and I'll get on that quiet book outline. I even took the pictures today.
The cutest little dragon ever!
What a cutie!!! Great pumpkin - I don't think I've ever seen that one before!
Post a Comment