Monday, September 14, 2009

entertainer of the year

dudst got me such an awesome birthday present this year, and even though it was a little delayed, it was well worth the wait! he got me tickets to see this guy, and he was incredibly fantastic and wonderful! entertainer of the year for sure!!!

Posted by Picasa

keith urban is amazing in case any of you are wondering, and i knew it before but am positively sure that he is beyond amazing now that i've seen him up close and personal :) such a fun night for us and such an awesome birthday present - thanks again hunny bunches! here we are anxiously awaiting the concert!


little big town opened for keith, and they were great! we didn't know many of their songs, but we left wanting to know more of them, so that's good sign! boondocks was awesome by the way kris, and i thought of you!


here's dust checking out the seat situation and trying to figure out if we could scam some closer seats. we probably could have, but we were too scared and just stayed put which was just fine with me :)


keith was all over the place in his performance. he had a little stage at the back on the floor and up in the crowd, and he really just seemed to LOVE what he was doing. he seemed so excited to be there and worked the crowd over so good, and he had us on our feet dancing and singing away most of the night!

 

his band was awesome too, and i think it may be like this with most concerts (if they're as good as him anyway), but i left as keith urban as my all-time most favorite singer. we listened to his songs the whole way home, and i just wished that we could have recorded the whole concert to play in the background every once in a while. so much fun!

 

he is an amazing guitar player too and just seems to be a truly nice guy. we were listening to an interview with him on the radio on the way home too, and he said that he wishes more people would realize that life is today. it's not yesterday or tomorrow, but it's right now, and we have to live life today - right now - and find joy in the journey. he also thanked every single one of the people at the concert for buying a ticket to come cuz he knows that things are hard for a lot of people right now. he said that it used to be so much easier to hit up a concert, but it's a lot more expensive and difficult now, and he truly seemed to appreciate every one of us there for our support and sacrifice to be there. such a nice, wise, friendly, awesome guy :) seriously!

 

we just loved every minute of it, and it was such a fun night. no beckam (thanks soooo much lace!) and dinner and a concert on the town in portland! love you friend and love you keith!

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lacey said...

This post makes me want to go to a concert so bad! When me and Poy were dating it was one of our favorite things to do. I lvoe the picture of Dust looking for better seats, you guys are so funny! Great gift dust, glad you guys had such a great time!

Jeff and Amy said...

Now I've got to admit that I am not a country fan so I can't really relate - maybe I just haven't really heard any Keith Urban songs to really appreciate it. But from what I've heard and seem he seems to be a pretty dang good guy. Awesome gift though! Glad you guys had fun!

kelsey said...

so jealous, i love keith. i think he's coming to idaho falls, too bad i didn't think of that earlier!!! i'm glad you had a blast, what a great present!!!

Mindi said...

Fun gift!

Marie said...

Live concerts are so fun! I'm jealous you got to take pictures though. Dirk and I have been to see a few cool shows, and they always announce that pictures are not allowed before the concert begins. Yours turned out awesome. I loved the self portrait of the two of you. Such a good looking couple.

Gunderson's said...

I touched him when I saw him in concert!! I was so giddy! Something about a man singing country music just wins me over!