Sunday, October 26, 2008

pumpkin carving

dust prides himself in being a good pumpkin carver, and he quite enjoys getting different designs off the internet and trying out his halloween skill every year. so, when some junior high kids came to our door selling $5 pumpkins that were really big, he happily bought one for us! so, we had some friends over last night - alex and elise - and we carved pumpkins! i'm not the biggest fan of halloween and dressing up and such, but i do enjoy some good carvage, and we had lots of fun :)


here it the goopy guts of our little pumpkin - so fun!


and here is alex and elise drawing up their design to get ready for the carving part of the process :)


here are the finished products! we went with a cat design that was kinda hard and quite intricate for our every day steak knives but turned out fun, and the elise and alex decided on a spider web that worked out great - good times!


us with our pumpkins all carved up and ready for some trick or treaters :) it was lots of fun, and dust is already planning his design for next year!

5 comments:

LindsayB said...

your pumpkins kinda put ours to shame. did i see you at conf? am i that dumb that i don't remember? and you better get up here and visit me right now. if i saw you at conf i would have shoved through the crowds to tell you this: come visit me!

Nicole Wagner Makeup said...

I love these!!!! I wish that we still lived there so we could be a part of it. I can't wait till we are back together again. We will be carving pumpkins tonight and I will post about it, love ya!

Nicole Wagner Makeup said...

Hey this is lacey I am at Nicoles and she was signed in I just didn't know.

whitney said...

Cool pumpkins!

whitney said...

we really do need to get to Cardston to visit lins...