Monday, November 3, 2008

right side - strong side!

so...i only have 5 weeks to go with this little guy in my belly and wow has he ever been loving the right side of me! not only is he flipping and turning and kicking more, but he's doing it all on my right side. i'm not sure why or if this is normal, but it's kinda funny to look down and see a big bulge on my tummy and to know that he's in there just chillin.

me and kait call my belly my one pack cuz he's growing and growing, and i got some firm abs going on :) it's as close as i'll ever get to firm anything in my mid region, so i'm enjoying it and trying to sleep through his nighttime routine of sqirming around and letting me know he's there.

i sure do love the thought that there is only 5 weeks left of pregnancy, but i'm also a little nervous about the whole labor part of things. we decided to do prenatal classes with some friends, and although we were bored to tears at times, we learned a little along the way too. i think i left more scared for labor that i was before the classes, and i don't think that's how it's supposed to happen, but what can you do! i know i can do it, and i'll just find my happy place while dust uses the various massaging techniques we learned and laughed at (may as well take advantage of that while i can!), and soon enough we will get to meet our little buddy. we can't wait!!!

any labor tips are totally welcome but no horror labor stories please! haha

8 comments:

Kristin Ross said...

Wow, it's getting close. I remember being there. Time goes by so fast.

kelsey said...

i don't believe you only have 5 weeks left! wow. that's exciting.
i went in the jacuzzi for like an hour and a half... it really helped!!! i wanted to go natural, and didn't end up trying half the things i wanted to. i wish i would have moved around more, to see if it would help. once i sat on the bed, i didn't/couldn't move and that's when i gave in to the drugs! so next time, i'm going to try and move more and get into different positions. i'm sure your labor will be better than mine anyways, so i won't go into the horrors of it! ha. good luck!!!

melissa said...

Oh my gosh Lynz! I can't believe you're already down to 5 weeks! I clearly have no stories or advice since I've never been preggo. I'm just excited for you! That's all.

broberts said...

it's probably kicking on your right side b/c it's back/bum is on the left...leaving all the super mobile parts on your right. hehe.

labor tips...the tub or shower is marvelous. and i totally agree to try different positions and move around...getting gravity to work for you. when you get to the hospital...use the gas mask as a distraction if you're wanting all natural. get your hubby to massage you. but the best tip...which is also the hardest...is to breath, relax and not fight the contractions.

good luck...the race is on to see who has their baby first!!!

whitney said...

Don't know what to tell you, I was never nervous for labor, only for the recovery! That's what I get for being a nurse and knowing too much I guess. Hard to say because every labor is so different, but you have heard all of our horror stories, so it can only be better than that right! I would say just don't have any expectations, be open to anything, and just do what is best for that little baby - if that means drugs, or c section, or vacuum or whatever.

Lacey said...

The Tub or Showers are great but you will be naked in front of A LOT of people but usually by that point you don't care. I think the best advice to give you would be to focus, take your mind away from the situation, and do what's right for YOU! Don't worrie about how dustin is feeling or if you're bugging the nurse with to many questions or requests, It's all about you and that new little boy. I know that ou are going to be great, I am so excited to meet my Nephew.
P.S. Pray Always, that really helped me to, even thought I was asking the Lord to just let me die! he he he.

Kristy Rolph said...

Hi Lydnsey, I saw you had a blog on your info on facebook. I hope you don't mind me checking it out. I am so excited for you and your family for your little guy!! As for labor tips all I can say is before I had my little guy everyone told me horror stories about how bad and long it was and then after it was all over and I thought it went pretty good for a first timer(only 8 hours from start to finish), everyone told me how much better there's was!!! So don't listen to those horror stories because they tell them only to make you scared. Just know that it will be a hard, fun, exciting, scary, emotional day but it will be the best day of your life!!! And as soon as you see that little face your heart will melt and all the pain will go away. I know that I had pain when I was in labor, pre-epidural, but I don't remember what that pain was like anymore, because you really do forget. Good luck to you, I know it will be an amazing day for you and your family, and I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE little boys around here by the way... they are so so so special!!

Nicole W. said...

Megan was ALWAYS on my right side too. Funny girl.
I'm not sure if it helps at all. but I read "hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method" when I was pregannt with Erika and it was amazing. I was able to have a totally natural birth and she was 10lbs 4 oz!!!!!!!( I am 5'4 and was only 105lbs when I got pregnant, so it proves our bodies are built for this:)!!_

don't be scared. The book actually tells you NOT to take prenatal classes b/c they scare you and give you all the "worst possible scenarios". Just remember God made your body for this. It is a wonderful wonderful experience. Just remember to relax, relax, relax and visualize:):)
YOu'll do GREAT!!! we can't wait to meet him!