Saturday, March 21, 2009

snugli walk

so, dust's 1st break has officially started, and we are loving life! his school is on the quarterly system, so he goes to school for 2 1/2 months and then gets a 2 week break, so he just finished quarter #1 finals - woohoo! we spent the morning relaxing and cleaning up a bit and then headed down to blue lake park to check it out this afternoon :)

 
Posted by Picasa

we were also really excited to try out our little snugli backpack thing that my mom got us for beckam :) he is into taking in the world around him, so we figured he would like a walk in the park, and we were right! we snugged him all up, and he loved it. it was a little bit cooler but a nice day for a walk, and it started raining right as we got back to the truck so good timing!

 

 

for some reason, i decided to forget where i was living and decided to take a short cut across the grass instead of taking the path. how did i not think about the rain we've been getting you ask?!? and how did i not put together that rain and grass growing out of dirt crossed with my famous flip flops make a squishy mucky mess?!? i have no idea as i look out the windows every day and take note of our well-known and popular friends - the rain drops, but i was a muddy mess as you can see :) oh well...good times!

 

our little guy loved blue lake park, but it didn't take him long with the bounce in our steps and the comfort of his new snugli to fall fast asleep - so cute! we can't wait for the rest of the break, and hopefully we'll find some new places to check out and some time to relax and hang out in our new home without studying or school to interrupt - yay!

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nicole W. said...

SO cute!!! I love the one of him sleeping:)
blue lake park is fun in the summer time:)
we missed you for Pig and Pancake this morning!! :( it was yummy.
next time!
xo

The Pratts said...

Cute! You will love having that snugli, and it looks like Becks will, too! Oh, and don't get me started on your GREEN grass and flip flops...still 2 feet of snow here!

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures and am so excited that you checked out that park we've heard so much about. It does look like he LOVES that snugli and you guys will love it too for the zoo or parks so you have hands free to do whatever with. Glad that you're enjoying time together!!!!

Brittany said...

Flip Flops...oh how I dream of them!! Beck looks like a perfect fit for that little snugli. Enjoy your time together...hey maybe you can even take turns having naps, I know that is what I dream of.

Anonymous said...

Ron says.......

Cutest Grandchild I ever had........ What would we do without Skype and this "blog thing"? The little booger will be dribbling between his legs before we ever see him in the flesh again. Friggin' Chiropractic school......

Marie said...

Looks like it is time to buy some closed toed shoes! I'm lovin' the straight hair. Beautiful!

I never did get one of those backpacks, but it sure looks like it is working well for you guys. Maybe I'll try for the next one.