Saturday, February 6, 2010

a little pee just came out!

only one thing could ever compel me to name a post on my blog this horribly gross and embarrassing yet totally relatable and hilarious title. as most of you probably already know, we are pregnant with baby tolman #2! we are super excited about having another baby in this house, and beckam tells me all the time how he can't wait to have someone else to play wtih besides boring old me ;) here i am at 4 months prego for the fam back home. i know it's kind of hard to see with my black shirt and all, but let's be honest, that was my intention!

Posted by Picasa

we always thought it would be fun to have our kids closer together, but there are still many a days that i wonder how this will all turn out. with beckam, i took 3 pregnancy tests before i believed that the line was dark enough to really mean that i was pregnant, and i needed dust to help me confirm it. i wasn't impressed with how i had to tell him that we were prego, so i was determined to make this time a little more fun. i took the test at 4am and was shocked to see a big old dark positive line staring back at me, and i wanted to scream out loud! i sat there for a minute and looked again to make sure i wasn't dreaming, and then i headed back to bed already starting to figure out a way to tell dust. since i didn't feel like getting up early as he headed to school, i saved it for dinner time and broke the news to him at one of our favorite restaurants, red robin......



he was in total shock, and i was pretty proud of myself on the creativity front. i asked a waitress to change up their birthday song, and they sang "happy daddy" instead! it was super cute and fun, and beckam just loved the singing :) i've felt pretty good this pregnancy with bouts of evening sickness as it happens for me. as long as i eat though, i'm good! we head in for an ultrasound in the next few weeks, and we can't wait to see if we're adding a boy or girl to our little fam! dust "knows it's a girl" and says her name will be tenley. can you tell he got forced into watching an episode of the bachelor?!?! haha i'm more on the boy side of things, so we'll see who wins out!



so....enough of the boring stuff. time for a funny admission type story, and i better get tons of "i know what you mean" comments! i was completely mortified the 1st time a little pee came out when i was pregnant with becks. i was laughing with my sisters in the kitchen and had to hobble doing the holding your pee walk to the bathroom only to find i couldn't hold it like i used to! haha it was funny after the fact but got old with every laugh that brought my bladder to tears after that. it got better after i had becks but went back to bad with this pregnancy as it usually does right?!?! well, dust and i had an eventful date night the other night, and all i can say is.....not only a little pee just came out!

we got a new tv/book shelf thing and thought we'd try it vertically 1st. it looked really good til i sat on the couch and felt like i was looking up the nostrils of the people on the tv, and we knew we had to change it up. now, we have one of those older (not the cool flat screen) tv's, and it's huge and soooo heavy! it took a lot of work to get it up there with the 2 of us, but getting it down was a whole different ordeal! we talked about how we were going to do it for over 10 minutes before we just decided to go for it. the tv started tipping with both of us grabbing at an edge, and as soon as it did, we realized we were in trouble. the tv was going down. we both started laughing for some reason or another, and a little pee came out cuz not only was i holding a tv up by my shoulders, but i was laughing. the sad part though is that this time....the pee didn't stop! dust was holding the whole weight of the tv as i tried to pinch it off while laughing so hard i was crying and grabbing at the corners of the tv in hopes that we could save it - gong show!!!

it was seriously one of the funniest nights of our marriage i think. i'm proud to say that we saved the tv (well dust saved the tv), and it's looking fabulous on our new horizontal shelf. i'm not so proud to say though that i totally peed my pants!!! it wasn't the little pee came out kinda story, but it was the full on peed my pants like a little kid with wet pants all the way down to my ankles kinda pee my pants. i really can't believe i'm admitting this to the whole blogger world, but i thought someone might get a good laugh out of it or admit their own funny pee story to make me feel better :) so, there ya have it! a lot of pee came out, and i'm pregnant due july 18th with baby #2!

13 comments:

Linds said...

Tee hee hee! That did make me laugh. Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy you posted the video finally, I've been waiting for that since I got back. It is way too cute. Oh, and you so do not look pregnant. You just look like me when I eat a little too much. You make me sick! Love ya!!!!

Marie said...

Yikes! What a funny story! I cannot believe you are so brave as to publish this to the whole world. Not that it would ever have happened to me, but someone I know, let's say her name is "Shmarie" had trouble with that doing aerobics in the morning with all the jumping while she was pregnant. She had to go to the bathroom right before she exercised so that it didn't happen. Poor girl.

And I loved the way you told Dust you were pregnant. I always mean to be creative and fun, but each time, I'm just too dang excited and run and tell him the minute the blue line shows up.

The Pratts said...

LOVE the pee story! I love that you couldn't even run to the bathroom because you had a big ol' TV in your hands! Good story. :)

My pregnancy pants-peeing always happened while I was throwing up. Both ends at once...so lovely!

MotherBeck said...

Oh it makes me laugh out loud all over again!

kris said...

bah haha... too bad u didn't get that on camera!!

Lacey said...

As if that's waht you look like 4 months pregnant! Life is not fair, lol. I don't think that I will ever get over how hiarious this story is. We all have pee stories from pregnancey but yous is deffinatly topping the charts right now, Thanks for sharing.

Also I can't wait for the ultra sound, it will be so fun to know what you have in that TINY belly of yours.

Mackenzie said...

oh my goodness, you just made my day! that is way too funny! well, i almost peed my pants laughing at your "peed my pants" story, does that count? that was super creative telling dust like that, i love it! and i love that you have it on video to share with all of us, thanks for that =) and congrats on #2!!

Jeff and Amy said...

Ha ha ha, great pee story! And congrats on being pregos!! That is totally exciting! You look fabulous! I just used too many exclamation points!

Nicole W. said...

THAT is awesome!!! way to go on being brave enough to tell the whole world. I pee'd my pants when I was 8. that's as close as I can get, sorry! haha...you are so funny!!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I knew from your title there was going to be a fabulous story.
I LOVED the idea of telling your hubby the great news! So creative!
Your belly is fabulous.

Daya said...

HA HA HA HA!!!!!! I love it!! We have all been there. Maybe not the full on pee, but you will still see me crossing my legs everytime I sneeze or cough. Love You!!!

Amelia and Edmund said...

Remember a while ago you posted that you thought you weren't funny??? I have never laughed so hard at a post before. Experience aside (which was funny in itself) you wrote it up awesomely! I had tears from laughing so hard!!!!

Ryan,Lish,Champ said...

Oh my gosh we are toally due the exact same day! that's hilarious! Congrats!