nicole and val loaded their combined 3 kids into a car, and lacey and i did the same in another car, and we were on our way to sauvie island for some berry picking! here are megan, erika, and aj all loaded up in the berry cart for a ride to the raspberry bushes!

there were soooo many juicy huge raspberries ripe for the picking, and we did some serious damage between the 4 of us!
lucky for lacey (or not so much when he wandered off without telling her!) she had a little helper in aj. he loved picking the berries and was so stinkin cute as usual!
my little guy decided to sit on a blanket, play with some toys, and try his 1st raspberry instead of helping mom pick.....here he is wondering what this juicy squishy red new toy is....

surprise surprise - straight to the mouth like everything else! haha

a little sour at 1st i guess!

in the end though - loved it! must take after his mom :)

here's us in the blueberry bushes. i love me my blueberry muffins and fresh blueberries - mmmmmmm!
it may not look like a lot, but i picked myself 8lbs of fresh summer berries :) it was lots of fun, and the snacking along the way did not disappoint either! bring on the jam and smoothies and ice cream with berries on top!






7 comments:
Dad said.....
As I already said in response to Lacey's posting on the berry, berry day.....the Oscar for cutest baby pictures of the week goes to (drum beasts, drum beats, drum beats)...Lacey Poysauce. Loved those pictures of Beck and The Raspberry (the name of my new book by the way) and I'm aching to picking a bushel of blueberries is on my bucket list!!! Now I've found the place and a partner (Becks) to do it with!!!!
honestly yo need to put those pictures up in your house, he is so cute! have you ever had blueberry jam? maybe we should try making it? will wait for your Dad to come help pick, lol!
beckam is soooo cute in those pictures! i am pretty much dying at how fun that would be to pick all those berries and EAT them in all forms. i am suddenly having a serious craving....
I love Beck's sour face! He really should be a baby model.
Oh, yes. Try the blueberry jam. Certo has a great and easy recipe.
You sure got lots of berry goodness. I am such a raspberry freak. Planting some bushes was one of the first things I did when we bought the house. They are still small, but are producing a handful or two.
Those look so yummy!
Mmmm..those look tasty! How fun! Your little man is adorable, and I have to concur that I LOOOOVE summers for all the same reasons...especially the fruit!
Post a Comment