Tuesday, July 28, 2009

surprise!!!

so with my birthday being celebrated in canada and with canada, i wasn't expecting anything besides some belated birthday wishes from my girls here in portland. july 1st makes it hard to do the surprise birthday party thing cuz it's all about family time and parades and rodeos and such, so just getting some happy birthday messages on facebook or phone calls along with the fireworks they have in my honor (of course!) make me a very happy birthday girl every year. so.....when lace said we had to go and pick up a text book for aaron last thursday, i was expecting to do just that, but boy was i wrong!


you'd think i would have clued in when we walked past a famous dessert restaurant and when she waltzed right past the host (to supposedly meet some guy who sold aaron his text book on craig's list - come on lyndsey!) to one of the back tables, but still - i was confused and completely clueless!


clearly, i was a little overwhelmed and super duper excited to find a table full of my friends smiling back at me, and i guess i just kept calling them all jerks - oops! i don't really remember that part cuz i was in total shock, but i did eventually make it to the chair tied with happy birthday balloons at the end of the table for me :)

 

lacey was the brains behind the whole shinanigan, and she did a fabulous job! she slipped a few times i guess, but i never caught on, so she must have covered her tracks well. she's awesome in case you didn't know, and i am so thankful to her for one of the best surprises i've ever had!

 

the night came complete with presents and candles and dessert and chatting and laughing and pictures and good times had by all :) it was perfect!

 
Posted by Picasa



here's the 3 blonde girls in white - nicole, me, and val. nicole got in on the trickery when she told me she had to come over to practice her make up on me earlier that day. she wanted me to feel cute on my night out on the town with the girls, and she did a fabulous job! i did feel cute and special and on top of the world really :) thanks chickee!




here are all of us girls outside of papa hydens - the best dessert restaurant ever! i told lace on the way home that it was like watching a really powerful movie that stays with you days later and you remember parts of it and feel like they were real. so...i guess it was surreal for me! it started out as an annoying drive across the city to pick up a silly text book. then, it turned to shock as i understood why lace decided to bring her camera and wallet to meet the text book guy when i saw the table full of hot mamas. then, it turned to can't stop smiling happiness as i realized how good they got me and how lucky i was to have such awesome friends. then, there was full tummies after plates of dessert were served to us, and then there was my reflection on the way home of what a truly great night it was! i have the greatest friends down here, and i just wanna say thanks for an awesome night chickees! you're the best :)

 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

MotherBeck said...

oh man that was so much fun. The look on your face was priceless! I am so glad we are friends and the I could celebrate your birthday with you!! Love you so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW, such cute pictures and believe me, it takes a lot to surprise Lyndsey cause she usually picks up on the little clues but good job ladies and it looks like you all had a great time!!! Isn't it fun to SURPRISE Lynz! Glad you had a great surprise party lynz and sure love you!

The Pratts said...

What a fun surprise! I love that you kept callin geveryone jerks. Hilarious! Happy belated birthday!

Lee and Valerie Gunther said...

What a great night,I'm glad I could be there. You are sweet girl, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Jeff and Amy said...

Happy birthday! Glad you could celebrate it twice!

Lacey said...

I loved that night almost as much as you I think! I had been wanting to do something since you got home but I thought you would catch on if it was to close to your arrival home, plus we had family down. I love that I was able to get it all organized and really surprise you as well as we did. You are one of the best friends I have ever had and I can't wait to share a million more surprises over the years. Love ya lots, and I am so glad you felt on top of the world, that was our main goal!

Mindi said...

Too fun, nice to have relatives like that!

Marie said...

Aww. That is so nice. I'm glad you had a special day with your girls. You looks so pretty in those pictures.