i know it doesn't seem like something all that life changing or important, but i'm just saying that i've been recognizing my weakness in wit as of late, and i'm not so sure that it's one of those weaknesses that you can make into a strength! i think i'm a good friend and caring, and i think i have a good sense of humor (as in i can sense when other people are funny of course), but sometimes i just wish that i could be the one making people laugh or that people would think "oh we just have to invite lynz to the party cuz she is such a hoot!" haha that sounds so lame, but blogs are about being honest right?!?! right. i love reading blogs that leave me smiling/giggling in the end, and you'd think that i could at least steal other people's lines or jokes or something to liven things up on the tolman blog front but no cigar there either!
anyway....it's something i plan to work on. now, please oh please don't leave a comment and tell me i'm funny. you are, however, encouraged to give some good how to be funny advice :) thank you for being my funny friends fellow bloggers, and thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

ps - be thankful if you are funny.
pps - dust just read this and is laughing his face off. so...... i am funny? or just a complete nerd like he said?! haha
14 comments:
Dad said....
Interesting how many of our own qualities we overlook in our efforts to find more perfection in ourselves, isn't it?
Before you take your quest too far, I'd suggest you cut yourself just a bit of slack as you move closer to a conclusion that might lead you to understand that "funny" is really pretty simple (and unnecessary) while having a sense of humor is what really matters. While you definitely aren't in the running for class clown, you've got the latter in spades and, frankly, that more than enough for the likes of your old man who'd love you if you were drier than popcorn.
By the way, did you hear the one about.........
Dad said....
Interesting how many of our own qualities we overlook in our efforts to find more perfection in ourselves, isn't it?
Before you take your quest too far, I'd suggest you cut yourself just a bit of slack as you move closer to a conclusion that might lead you to understand that "funny" is really pretty simple (and unnecessary) while having a sense of humor is what really matters. While you definitely aren't in the running for class clown, you've got the latter in spades and, frankly, that more than enough for the likes of your old man who'd love you if you were drier than popcorn.
By the way, did you hear the one about.........
I know you said not to do this but I do think you are funny. and not just in a nerdy way. I always giggle when I read your posts. Plus I love talking to you because it is always so fun. You always make me feel like I can be myself. That is a HUGE quality to me. Even after seeing the real me you still talk to me. Thanks Lynz!! Whatta friend!
Well, for not being funny, this post made me laugh out loud! I agree with your dad 100%! And though people may not say, "We should invite Lynz because she is such a hoot" I know I say, "We should invite Lynz because she is so incredibly nice to everyone and can carry a conversation with anyone" - traits, I might add, that I wish *I* had.
Haha, this made me laugh, too! Don't be so hard on yourself. I wish I was funnier (is that a word?) too. But hey, whenever I think of your blog, I think of your cute baby and all the sweet posts you do about the people you love. I'm not funny, and I'm not sweet either!
WHat a sweet dad you have. That must be where you get a lot of your good traits from. You really are one of the nicest girls i know, and an excellent and patient mom. THAT is something I wish I had. I would take patience of being funny any day...not that I'm saying I'm funny or anything...I don't have any advice on HOW to be funny, i think it's just something you either are or aren't which by the way I think you are...sorry I had to say it.
we invite you so can embarass me and tell the dog food story, all in god fun...right?! i think being funny would be hard, too much pressure, i prefer to laugh at the jokes.
just think of this:
if you were super duper funny all the time, no one would ever take you seriously! Believe me - you're a perfect mix what you should be. You make people smile, and I think that's most important.
I liked your cartoon by the way!
I feel the SAME way....wish I were more funny for sure. ...
now..first of all, your dad is right, you have a GREAT sense of humour and that is better than being funny!!! AND, I have a lot of FUN with you and that is the first part of "FUNny" so that must count for something. You have about 400 other traits I wish I had Lynds so if you aren't as witty or funny as others, who cares!!! I bet they, like me, wish that they were as kind, caring, generous, thoughtful, spiritual, faithful, laid-back, loving and patient as you are!! I know I do! You are you for a reason and I LOVE LOVE LOVE having you as my friend....
p.s...my favorite trait of yours right now is that you don't HATE me for what I've done to your hair!!! ;) love you! xo
ha. i didn't get lacey's post, until i just read this. good one, lace.
i also think having a good sense of humor is more important. then again, i'm pretty funny, so i don't know what it's like. . .HA!!! jk.
Ok, I am a really funny person (says me), so I'll let you in on a little secret...I always laugh at my own jokes. Sometimes before I even finish them. That way, it gets the ball rolling. :)
haha! I just ready Lindsay B's comment and I agree with 2 things: laughing is way more fun than being funny; and the dog food story STILL makes me laugh out loud!! haha! We loved you then and we love you now. No hard feelings about that, right? right?
We never hung out, but I'll say this, you were always smiling or happy...so...??? Also, not EVERYONE likes to invite the "funny" person to the party... sometimes you need that listener, or the chip-bringer! Yer so funny for posting this though, so it worked, gave me a chuckle!
All great comments and I would just like to add that we love you for being you and for being such a great mom and wife. Who could ask for anything more?? By the way I LOVE that farside it is himularious!!
When I read this post I think the same thing about myself. Jeff is so funny and quick witted. Me on the other hand, not so much at all. So you aren't the only one. I don't usually read other people's comments (I don't have time to read blogs and comments too) but your dad's caught my eye. How fun that he reads your blog and what a tribute to you.
Post a Comment