there are some really great things about living in portland, and one of them is the fields ripe for harvest! i know that there are berries and fruit and veggies grown back home, but there are such fun places to go and experience the harvest here, and we love it!!! our berry picking day was so much fun, and the next stop for us was the pumpkin patch :)
we had sooo much fun with all of the orange fun our at liepold farms in boring (yup - i said boring), oregon!
they had lots of fun for the kids, and i guess you can call me a kid cuz my favorite thing was the sandbox with corn kernels instead of sand! me and becks loved it :)
dust has a thing for pumpkin carving and has a lot more halloween spirit than me, so he had to be the one to pick our pumpkin. he was so proud of this 36lb beauty, and we can't wait to carve it up and cook us up some pumpkin seeds! beckam, on the other hand, chose this cute little pumpkin for his very own!
beckam just loved walking around from pumpkin to pumpkin and just being outside of course. there was lots to look at and lots to do, and we will definitely hit up the pumpkin patch again next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















10 comments:
So many pumpkins to pick from!!! It looks like a great place to take the kids to. AND I, of course, I love all the cute, cute pictures!!! I also love the little pumpkin that Beckam picked out for himself!
I haven't read your blog in forever! There was so much to catch up on! Great pictures! We can't wait to go to one of the many pumpkin patches too- but our Saturdays seem to fill up too quickly! Looks like you had a ton of fun. Can't wait to see the masterpiece that come from Dusts mad carving skills!
PS- I talk to my food too- nothing to be ashamed of (haha)!
Dad said....
Ahhhhh, Portland. The kindler, gentler place. There you somehow are able to spend peaceful hours on end frolicking amongst the harvest posing for and taking darling pictures of your family and our doll-faced grandson.
At home here, we mostly just fill our harvest areas with birds and animals and then go out and shoot them. Not politically correct by today's standards, but tons of fun. When Becks is done posing with pumpkins, tell him that his and his father's shotgun is oiled up and ready to go here at home (if their hands aren't too stickly from berry juice and pumpkin goo!!).
Happy Pumpkin Carving!!!
That looks so fun! Why oh why do I live where nothing cool like this exists? The pictures are so cute!
I was just thinking about it and realized that your little fella should be getting pretty to close to walking when your down for christmas. That's so exciting! I cant wait to have all our little ones together. It will be fun.
your pictures are so fabulous!
I loved all of them.
You really do live in a beautiful place - lots of beautiful colors.
I love pumpkins.
seriously LOVE the pumpkins!!! becks is a little pumpkin himself!!!
Such cute pics!
Glad you had teh idea to check out this pumpkin patch, it was fun that we got to hit up two diffrent ones but I think Liepoled farms is going to be our patch of choice next year! Great pictures, love the one of Becks sitting on all the pumpkins examining his pick!
How fun! Those pics are so cute! I'm with you and probably would have been a little distracted by the corn kernal sandbox! I'm so sad you're not going to be in Canada next weekend while I'm up there. :( I really should plan my next trip for your birthday celebrations. ;) haha!
Post a Comment