Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the magic is in the hole


http://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

voodoo donuts is a must see when you come to portland. it's this crazy unique little donut shop that sells every kind of donut under the sun! they sell big ones and little ones and ones with bacon on them and cocoa puff ones and ones as big as my head as seen here...


well, it seems fairly normal sized here but continue on down to get the full idea. it's huge, and this is one of their more normal donuts!


we've only been there a few times, and my favorite donut has chocolate glaze with rice krispies on top with some peanut butter goodness drizzled over that, and it is to die for! we did a voodoo donut run the other night, and they were out of my fav so this larger than life donut had to do. i had 4 bites and was full, but it made a great breakfast for becks in the morning!


he LOVED it! he wasn't quite sure what to do with his 1st donut at first, but it didn't take him long to dive right in, and he chomped away on that thing!


i don't think he got any pieces off of it, but he loved the glaze and all of the sugary goodness, and we just sat back and took in his excitement and curious facial expressions - so cute!

Posted by Picasa

anyway, the magic really is in the hole, and voodoo donuts is just one more perk of living in portland, so come on down for a visit if you're cravng a good donut! soooo yummy!!!!

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Daya said...

I have lived here almost 20 years and still just heard about Voodoo doughnuts this year. I still haven't been. I guess I'll have to go. I love the pics of Becks with it. SOOO CUTE!!!

Jennifer said...

That is the biggest donut I've ever seen! It looks yummy

Anonymous said...

Dad said.....

So, you have to move apartments from Unit 125 to Unit 113 to "get away from the guy who occasionally smokes in his apartment" and subjects your son to the horrors of tobacco smoke but it's okay to let you son suck down on the slick coating of a honey/sugar glazed voodoo?

The hypocrisy nazi is pouncing on that one Lyndsey-Pooh!!!

As for your rationale for making Portland a place to visit soon (more "poison" from Voodoo's)....well, I've got you trumped: The chimichanga meat has been s l o w l y cooking for two days and Halloween Eve is an official Chimichanga Night in the Hill household. Now THERE is a reason to go and visit somewhere. Anyone reading here is welcome (ask Lyndsey if they're worth the drive!!).

I'll be down for a Voodoo soon kiddo. Are you and Sublaxtion boy buying?

Mom said...

Well, I will have to try to make a donut that big the next time we make those horror, sugar coated iced donuts!!!! It is HUGE and looks delicious and i loved all the faces Becks had trying to figure out how to eat it and why he was sooooo very lucky to have such a healthy, delicious breakie!!!! I'm jumping in for the ride if your daddio heads your way!!!!

kelsey said...

mmmm... that looks so good. i haven't had a donut in forever. yum. i do have to say though, your dad's chimichangas sound better to me right now. . . if i were closer, i might take him up on his offer!

Mindi said...

Aw! Love the pictures of Beckam with the donut...they are huge!!

Jeff and Amy said...

I love me some Voodoo Donuts!! But I've never noticed that gigantic one before - there are just so many awesome ones to look at and drool over it's hard to notice them all!

kris said...

Holy moly .... a donut the size of your face... i think maybe I won't come visit when I get home... trying to be healthy.. oh what hte heck.. no harm in a lil splurge right!?!? :) Becks looks like he is enjoying it a lil too much though.. he needs to share with his auntie!

Marie said...

Okay, little Beck with that giant donut is just too much! How cute is that?

Abby Metz said...

That is INSANE!!! That is the biggest donut I have ever seen!

The Lowry's said...

Love all his facial expressions.