k so....i'm trying to remember some of the bigger events that happened since i blogged last, and one that wasn't so fun was when we went for beckam's 1st check up and found out that he has a heart murmer. the doctor listened to his heart like they usually do, but that just always seemed so routine to me that i never dreamt that it was used to find problems with the heart, and i certainly never dreamt that becks would have issues that way.
surprisingly enough, i didn't freak out or shed any tears, and i trusted dr.koelger when he said that it usually turns out to be nothing. it would have been all well and good to go and get the routine ultrasound for beckam that usually follows except we were planning to leave to move down to portland the day after his check up, so that kinda put a kink in things. turns out that dust moved down to our new little place and went down with darren and lace and aj with all of our stuff, and me and becks had to stay behind for the ultrasound. i was nervous when we went in for it, and it was nice to have my mom there with me, and to make a long story short, we are here in portland and left later that night after we got the ok from dr.koegler. beckam has 2 little holes in his heart, but he said that they are the kind that usually close up on their own and don't cause any issues - phew! i was so thankful for that good news, and becks is gaining weight and thriving, and life is good :) it was hard to be away from dust for almost a whole week, but we're together again, and we are thankful for a great doctor and a pretty cute healthy little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome back to the blogging world! CUTE Christmas pics. Beckam is adorable. I hope you're adjusting well in Portland. Change is always kinda hard...
Oh, and about the heart murmur, I have one, and it's no biggie! The only time I even remember I have one is when I have to take antibiotics before I go to the dentist.
Glad to hear you've made it safely to Oregon and that you all had good Christmas. I'm glad to hear that little Beckam is doing good and thriving despite such a scare. Way to be strong. I hope everything continues to go well for all of you over there!
Welcome back and don't be suprised if Aaron is giving you the cold shoulder tonight at the party, he feels offended that he was the one in the car with Dust fr the 20 hour drive and yet no mention of him. I am sure he will get over it just give him time... he he he. Anyways I am so glad that you are here and am loving being so close to you guys again!
hey lynz, nash had two holes as well when he was a baby. he had to get antibiotics before his little man surgery, and we had to go for an echo and all that jazzm then when he was about two months we had to go for a repeat echo and ultrasound and one of them had grown over and the other was almost gone. my pediatric cardioligist told me that it is very common in baby's and that it is very rare if they are not compeletly gone by two years of age. hope your having fun and your baby is so cute!!!!!
brooke byam
Post a Comment