friends are the family we choose for ourselves :) i saw that on a picture frame the other day, and it totally put my feelings into words. i've always felt like the friends you have when you're away from home fill in as your family while you're away, and i've been so blessed here in portland with the bestest friends a girl could ever ask for!
my very most bestest friend, lace, organized a little goodbye weekend away with the girls the other weekend, and it was amazing! dinner at mamma mia's, hot tubbing and treats at the hotel, staying up til all hours of the night chatting, sleeping in, and shopping and lunch the next day :) it was awesome!
haha bex and her faces make me laugh every time, and here's holly painting her toes with our new favorite color, crushed. we all got this new cute island color, and now we can think of each other whenever we pick it out!
the girls also got me this cute beach bag full of things i might need in statia. first on the list.....a voodoo shirt to remind me of the best donuts on earth!
anti-diarrheal medicine just in case!
goggles cuz statia is known for its snorkeling and please....don't mind that fabulous face that lace caught on camera! haha i promise i won't scare the fish with faces like that while i'm snorkeling!
jerkey cuz we we've heard the meat is kinda iffy on the island. love it!
hand warmers to keep my hands warm after doing my dishes in cold water as there's often no hot water in the kitchen. good times!
and what's island life without a cute beach hat and some shades! i also got a beach towel and some sunscreen and some clothes pins to hang our clothes on - no dryer for the next 20 months! it was all perfect and so was the cute portland girls slideshow that lace put together for me. brought a tear or two to my eyes for sure and just made me realize how lucky i've been to be in portland at this time with these girls :)
this girl was the brains behind the whole operation as i understand, and she is just simply amazing! i knew she had something in the works but didn't realize how much time and work she went to to send me off in true portland style. i loved every minute of it and am so excited that we finally got a cute picture together. you'd think with all the time we spend together that we'd have tons of them, but this is a rare occurrence. love this girl!
i love all my girls here in portland, and i won't go into how much i'm gonna miss them cuz i'll be in a puddle of tears, but just know girls that you really are my family, not just my friends and family is forever. cheesy i know, but true! i loved my weekend away and will always treasure my time in portland with my girlies :) now, book your trip and come visit us in statia!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What a great weekend! Ah man I'm gonna miss you like crazy!
K that made me mad cause i typed a comment and lost it!! I loved seeing the pictures from your girlfriend weekend!! I have also loved getting to meet your family away from family in Portland! They are all amazing and i just know that you'll all be friends forever!!! Lucky girls!!!!
Haha yah we only have cold water in our sink too! It's not so bad except if you have to clean cheese off of anything... Then you have to take it to the sink in the bathroom. It's a very silly thing not to have. I also don't have a dryer, which is fine except when there is no sun some days so your clothes take forever! Good luck :) You get used to it quick.
Awww! I feel your pain. And I've gotta tell ya, there's something about those Portland ladies. They just hold on to your heart. Miss you all like crazy!! Looks like you had a FABULOUS weekend away, I'm way jealous.
I saw that you posted this DAYS ago but I have been avoiding reading it because I know it would end in tears. There is no way you were gettign out of here with out a true girls weekend! I am going to miss you more than anyone can understand, aside from you, we are just two peas in the same crazy pod and I just hope I don't lose my mind with out you. I love you so much, you will do great over there! Just don't forget me!
We are going to miss you SO much! It makes me so sad that I was sick this week and couldn't spend time with you. I'm glad we had our fun weekend and I'm so grateful for email, blogs and facebook because then you won't feel so far away. Thanks for being part of our Portland family! Love Ya!
love you love you love you. it was fun! xo
Post a Comment