Tuesday, April 10, 2012

on a bucket and a prayer

dust finished his exams today - woohoo! we had a great afternoon at the beach - yay! we're out of water for what could be the next week…….BOO!!!!!


we ran out of water this morning, and i called my landlords like we do when that happens. usually within a few hours, they bring more water, and we're good to go. we got home from the beach at 7 tonight though and still……nothin. so, i went up to find out what the deal was.


turns out that the water we get is on back order for get this…….1 week!!!!!! sweet laverne said she did some sweet talkin and that the guy said he might be able to manage one load before the 1 week, and she called some other water people, but she said to just hope and pray that we get water from somewhere some time soon!


so, we are thankfully living on a bucket of borrowed water from our neighbors and a prayer that water will come soon!!!! we're eating off paper plates, saving the flush til we have a toilet full, enjoying the biggest loser covered in salty seawater, doing dishes out of a bucket, and…….

Posted by Picasa

living in gratitude for the simple things in life! after all, nothing is ever so bad that complaining about it won't make it worse :)

2 comments:

Cara Lott said...

I love this post, can I just copy and paste it to my blog? Oh and I love the cara pic too, my face is clearly saying "are you serious, no water for a week?"

Linds said...

I seriously don't know how you do it. But look how sweet your an is. Now I'm not sure if I would trade running water for a sweet tan, but it's definitely debatable.