my grandma is one of the best cooks around (as i'm sure everyone else's grandma is too), but she seriously amazes me with her perfection in the kitchen. she makes the yummiest things known to man - orange rolls, chocolates, macadamia nut cookies, and butterhorns just to name a few! us girls decided that it was high time that she share her skills and decided on a butterhorn making day :) here are some pics from the lady in action and her little understudy (me) following her every move so that i can make them as good as her one day! it was a blast, and hopefully i'll spread the goodness when i decide to take the plunge and try them out myself!
here's me kneading the dough, and she showed me exactly how to do it and is inspecting it as i go as you can see!
rollin the dough....
oh and here's kris chillin with the cat and dog - she wasn't so much into the cooking process, but she loved the eating thing!
here are the butterhorns just before cookin up in the oven!
the butterhorn makers (and watchers) and the finished product all iced up and sprinkled with walnuts...yummmmm!
3 comments:
mmmm, so good. i think you need to practice making those again and then have me eat them to see if they are as good as your cute gram's. i have your pan at my mom's house by the way.
So Proud! lol, your family is so cute, I am glad that I have decide to pretend that I am a part of it, he he. I see that I never got any of these, how did that happen!?!?! You will have to teach me how to make these one rainy day in Portland.
P.S. Why am I not one of your friends!?! I thought you liked our blog :(
Post a Comment